On Saturday Colton and I went a did a fun run around our local nature center. The kid loves racing! We did the Neon 5K together back in the summer and we took several walk breaks and I could keep up with him fine but this time was a different story!
We got there and Colton was all excited when he found out that he got his own bib. He has a shelf in his room where he hangs all his running stuff so he loves it when he gets to add something new. The weather Saturday was amazing! It was warm but not too hot. I asked Colton if he wanted me to run with him and he said yes so we lined up with all the other 5-7 year olds. We took off and of course Colton took off at a sprint! There was a guy telling all the kids their time at 1/4 mile in and we had ran it in 1:30. That is way fast for me! I figured he would slow down soon since we went out super fast but yeah I was completely wrong! He finally turned around and asked me if he could go off without me because I was slowing him down! I took this picture of him before he took off.
I caught up to him finally at the end and they announced that he was the first place 5 year old! He is fast! I think if he keeps getting much faster he will have to find a new running partner because I can't keep up.
We had a great time and running races with Colton is pretty high on my list of favorite things to do!
Have any of y'all ever ran a race with your child? Make me feel better and tell me you had a hard time keeping up too! :)




What a cutie he is! Congrats on his race!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I think he's pretty cute!
DeleteAwww I love it! Big congrats to him!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
DeleteQuite the speedy little guy you have there! My kids hate running, but I'm pretty sure if I could convince my younger son to do it, he'd leave me in the dust.
ReplyDeleteI'm kind of worried that at his next race he will leave me right at the start! He doesn't get his speed from me! Lol!
Delete